(January 16, 2020 / Israel Hayom) A fake bomb was placed at the entrance of an Israeli-owned kosher restaurant in Amsterdam on Wednesday.

The “bomb,” a cardboard box with masking tape fastening wires and an electric trigger mechanism to the top, was found outside the HaCarmel restaurant in southern Amsterdam.

Restaurant owner Sami Bar-On told Israel Hayom that this was not the first time his establishment had been targeted.

“This was the fourth time in the past four years,” said Bar-On, “but we won’t give in to this behavior and we will raise our heads. I’m not scared, we aren’t scared, and we will continue operating with tremendous pride.”

Bar-On said he knew who was behind the attack.

“This wasn’t the first time. I know it was Muslims,” he said.

HaCarmel first made headlines in 2017 when a man waving a Palestinian flag smashed its main window, stealing the Israeli flag hanging there.

The suspect, a Syrian asylum seeker, was arrested when he came out of the restaurant. He was convicted of vandalism after 52 days in jail awaiting trial, but was released with no additional penalty.

In another incident, the restaurant was pelted with eggs.

This article first appeared in Israel Hayom.

Source

Related Articles:

Over 20 arson balloons from Gaza destroy fields in southern Israel

IDF aircraft struck an observation post belonging to the Hamas terror organization in the northern Gaza Strip on Sunday. The attack was in response to explosive balloons launched from...

“Lebanon has been hijacked by Hezbollah” – After Beirut blasts what comes next?

The Lebanese government has effectively been hijacked by Hezbollah, which must be disarmed. In the wake of the devastating Port of Beirut explosion the people of Lebanon are calling for...

Iran investigating cause of fire at industrial facility near Tehran

A fire broke out at an Iranian industrial area near Tehran on Tuesday, Iranian state TV reported, the latest in a string of fires and explosions, some of which have hit sensitive sites. “The fire...

Royal Navy to be deployed in Lebanon to assist in Port of Beirut recovery

A Royal Navy ship will be sent to Beirut after the Lebanese city's port was destroyed by a huge explosion.Defence Secretary Ben Wallace has authorised the deployment of survey vessel HMS...

16 Beirut port staff arrested, but can investigation be trusted?

Prosecutors in Lebanon said that they have detained 16 port employees following a massive explosion that rocked the capital of Beirut. The news comes amid local media reports that...

SIGN OUR PETITION

in support of a National Holocaust Memorial next to Parliament