On Sunday, two young Israelis were murdered by a Palestinian terrorist. A third person was wounded. Meanwhile the terrorist remains at large and a major search operation is underway.
In the cold-blooded killings, the terrorist first handcuffed Kim Levengrond Yehezkel, 28, and shot her execution-style. He then shot a second victim, a 54-year-old female, wounding her in the stomach. He then targeted Ziv Hajbi, 35, whom he shot and killed.
Let us pray today for this heartbreaking situation.
Kim Levengrond Yehezkel was a mother of an 18-month old son. Kim’s sister described her as “a flower who was picked before her time” and “for no reason”. She had studied law and was preparing for her bar exam.
The second victim, Ziv Hajbi, was a father of three. Hajbi’s mother Iris said her son was “a pure and amazing soul who left behind three children and a wonderful wife.”
A third victim, a 54-year-old woman, is being treated in Beilinson hospital for her wounds. She is said to be in a non-life threatening and stable condition.
At the beginning of the weekly Cabinet meeting, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that the incident was “a very severe terrorist attack in which two Israelis were brutally murdered.”
“On behalf of myself and all government ministers I would like to send condolences to the families of the two people who were murdered and our hopes and prayers for a swift recovery for the woman who was wounded.”
Prime Minister Netanyahu and the State of Israel can be certain of our support and prayers at this time.
Let us also pray for the on-going manhunt. On Sunday evening, Israel Defense Forces entered the village Shweika and arrested members of the terrorist’s family, including his brother and sister to determine if they helped him plan the attack or assisted him in his escape.
Israeli security services also expressed fears the terrorist will carry out an additional attack. As a result they have deployed large forces throughout Samaria and at central points in the region. Let us pray for Israel’s security services and that these fears will not become a reality.
Sadly, there are those who have been celebrating this terrible murder. Hamas praised the killing and applauded the “heroic” terrorist. This disgusting reaction is exactly why an attack such as this should be condemned by leaders throughout the world. Until the voice of condemnation, including from the UK, becomes louder and clearer, Hamas and other terror groups will continue to incite their supporters with the same hatred and violence without consequence. It must be confronted.
The following prayer points are to assist you as you pray. For the stories behind these prayer points, please view the CUFI Weekly News Round-up, by clicking here.
- Pray for the family Kim Levengrond Yehezkel and Zov Hajbi, both parents to young children, who were shot and killed by a Palestinian terrorist on Sunday.
- Pray for the third victim, a 54-year-old woman, who is recovering in hospital after being shot in the stomach. Pray for her complete healing.
- Pray for politicians who choose to make a stand for Israel. Pray that the UK will have a stronger political voice in support for the Jewish State.
- Pray for all those who have suffered loss of family after the devastating tsunami and earthquake in Indonesia. Pray for those left homeless and without necessities. Pray for humanitarian teams, including from Israel, that have travelled to the area. Pray that hearts will place their hope in God at this difficult time.
- Praise the Lord that the King of Morocco has ordered Holocaust education to be included in the country’s school curriculum.
- Pray for Israel’s protection at its southern border, especially with the escalation of violent protests attempting to breach Israel’s border.
- Pray also for wisdom for Israel’s leaders regarding the situation in Syria and for Israel’s operations to protect its sovereignty.
- Pray for CUFI’s campaign calling for the total ban of Hezbollah. In light of word that the Home Office will proscribe Hezbollah soon, pray that the government will have the courage to go through with outlawing this terror organisation that has called for the destruction of Israel.