The following prayer points are to assist you as you pray. For the stories behind these prayer points, please view the CUFI Weekly News Round-up, by clicking here.
- Pray for Israel and the Jewish people during this Jewish holiday of Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles). Pray for protection of Israel’s borders and safety of her residents and visitors as Jews enjoy this important festival.
- Pray for the families of those killed in the Las Vegas attack this week. Pray for healing of a hurting United States. Pray that hearts will turn to Almighty God as many people seek answers to difficult questions at this time. Pray for peace and comfort to surround all those affected by this atrocity and for the healing of those wounded physically and emotionally.
- Pray that Donald Trump will de-certify the Iran Nuclear Deal ahead of the deadline next week. Pray for wisdom for him and his administration as they consider the appropriate approach to take against Iranian aggression.
- Pray for Members of Parliament and their attitude towards Israel and anti-Semitism. Pray for the pro-Israel groups within the main parties – that they will be effective in changing attitudes towards the Jewish State. Pray especially that anti-Semitism within the Labour Party will be well and truly rooted out.
- Pray for all of our political leaders and for our Queen.
- Pray for the new campaign announced by CUFI this week that asks UK Government to put pressure on the UN to stop its anti-Israel bias. Pray that it will send a clear message to the Foreign Office and that the campaign will reach every MP. Pray that it will be an effective campaign that also glorifies our Lord.
- Pray also for the on-going CUFI campaign calling for a complete ban of Hezbollah in the UK. Pray that the letter sent this week by Des Starritt to Amber Rudd will pursuade the Home Secretary to take a decisive step in prohibiting Hezbollah’s so-called ‘political wing’, sending a clear message of opposition to Islamic extremism on our shores and in the Middle East.