US officials have come out strongly against the Iranian regime, warning it of “severe consequences” if it attacks any US citizens. It comes after Islamic Republic officials announced sanctions against dozens of Americans and made threats of attacks against them.

“Yesterday, Iran purported to impose sanctions on 51 Americans. They do so as Iran’s proxy militias continue to attack American troops in the Middle East, and as Iranian officials threaten to carry out terror operations inside the United States and elsewhere around the world,” White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan said in a statement on Sunday.

“Make no mistake: the United States of America will protect and defend its citizens. This includes those serving the United States now and those who formerly served,” the statement continued.

The Iranian regime has sanctioned 51 Americans, but this is seen as a mostly symbolic gesture as none of those people has any assets in Iran for the regime to freeze. The threat of violence against Americans is a concern.

Since the killing of Commander Soleimani, who commanded Iran’s Quds Force, the regime has sought revenge. And now one of Iran’s top military leaders has said the plans are in motion for a revenge attack to take place against Americans.

Commander Esmail Qaani of the Quds Force of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps said, “We provide the ground for revenge against the Americans from inside their homes. Wherever we do not need to be present, we provide the ground for revenge against the Americans from inside their homes.”

Qaani continued, “We deal with the enemies and the crime of Commander Soleimani’s assassination with our own tactics. Our behaviour and style and context are different from the style and context and behaviour of the enemy. They did what they did, it’s far less expensive for the United States than for the children of the Resistance Front, who know no borders, to go and take revenge on themselves. This revenge has begun.”

The White House warned that America would work with its allies in the Middle East to “deter and respond to any attacks carried out by Iran.”

“Should Iran attack any of our nationals, including any of the 51 people named yesterday, it will face severe consequences,” Sullivan said.

Related Articles:

Rushdie attack is another reason why UK should ban Iran’s IRGC

The attack on Salman Rushdie is yet a further example of the dangers of the IRGC and why they should be proscribed as a terror organisation by the UK government.The British-American...

In Germany, Abbas claims Israel has committed ’50 Holocausts’

Palestinian Authority (PA) leader Mahmoud Abbas has disgraced himself at a press conference with Germany's Chancellor Olaf Sholz after claiming Israel has committed "50...

Israel busts massive weapons smuggling ring

Israel Police’s special operations unit, in a joint operation with the IDF, busted a major weapons smuggling attempt in southern Israel earlier this month, the units revealed on...

Palestinian terrorist who shot 7 in Jerusalem is arrested

A Palestinian gunman who shot and injured seven civilians on Sunday has been arrested after he turned himself into police. Two people who were shot are still in critical...

Iranian operative charged with plotting to assassinate member of Trump administration

The US Justice Department on Wednesday announced charges against an Iranian operative for an alleged plot to assassinate former Trump administration national security adviser John...

Subscribe to start receiving FREE TORCH magazines from CUFI UK