An explosion at Iran’s Natanz nuclear facility has temporarily halted Iran’s enrichment of uranium and set their nuclear programme back according to reports.

The explosion is said to be caused by a cyberattack on the facility and is being blamed on Israel with Iran vowing to “take revenge on the Zionists”.

The apparent act of sabotage was reported by the New York Times who said the damage had been caused by a large explosion that completely destroyed the independent — and heavily protected — internal power system that supplies the underground centrifuges that enrich uranium.

The explosion is said to have dealt a “severe blow” to Iran’s ability to enrich uranium that could set the regime back at least nine months before it can operations at Natanz will be back to normal.

However, the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran is claiming that the “small explosion” at the facility is easily repairable.

“The incident occurred at the electricity distribution centre. There was a small explosion,” AEOI spokesman Behrouz Kamalvandi told the Tasnim news agency, adding that the “damaged sectors can be quickly repaired.”

Iran is clearly upset by this action. Tensions remain high between Iran and Israel, the regime in Tehran seeking to wipe Israel off the map and Israel doing everything in its power to stop them.

Iran is currently negotiating with European countries on the Iran Deal (JCPOA) and wants sanctions released on the country. Sadly, the Europeans, including our own British government, are giving Iran billions in trade and doing very little to hold Iran to the terms of the agreement. Despite Iran breaking multiple rules, including their uranium enrichment.

Mohammad Javad Zarif, Iran’s foreign minister, reacted to the latest incident saying, “the Zionists want to take revenge on the Iranian people for their success in lifting the oppressive sanctions, but we will not allow it and will take revenge on the Zionists themselves.”

Zarif said Israel had sought to block the removal of international sanctions against Iran, but that “the Zionists will get their answer in further nuclear progress.”

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke on Monday during a press conference with US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin saying, “in the Middle East, there is no threat more dangerous, serious and pressing than that posed by the fanatical regime in Iran.”

“Mr. Secretary, we both know the horrors of war. We both understand the importance of preventing war. And we both agree that Iran must never possess nuclear weapons. My policy as prime minister of Israel is clear — I will never allow Iran to obtain the nuclear capability to carry out its genocidal goal of eliminating Israel. And Israel will continue to defend itself against Iran’s aggression and terrorism,” Netanyahu added.

The Prime Minister did not confirm Israel was behind the attack on the facility, but it is clear Israel will do everything in their power to stop Iran’s genocidal ambitions.

The European Union expressed their opposition to any attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities saying it weakened diplomatic efforts to halt Iran’s nuclear ambitions.

“We reject any attempts to undermine or weaken diplomatic efforts on the nuclear agreement,” EU spokesman Peter Stano said, insisting that “we still need to clarify the facts” over events at the Iranian nuclear site.

Germany warned that the latest developments in Natanz did not bode well for nuclear talks aimed at reviving the agreement.

“What we are hearing currently out of Tehran is not a positive contribution, particularly the development in Natanz,” said German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas.

Maas added that negotiations which are currently taking place in Vienna “will not be easy, but until now, there has been a constructive spirit” shown by participants.

Related Articles:

Israel’s FM tells CUFI: Israel grateful for unequivocal support during Gaza conflict

In a video address to the 2021 summit of Christians United for Israel, Israeli Foreign Minister Yair Lapid on Monday expressed his appreciation to the largest pro-Israel...

Watch the CUFI Summit 2021 featuring Pastor Hagee, Nikki Haley and Ted Cruz

Watch the opening plenary of CUFI’s 2021 Summit, featuring: Pastor John Hagee, CUFI founder and Chairman; former South Carolina Governor and Ambassador to the United Nations...

Tokyo becomes first Olympics to honour Israelis killed by Palestinian terrorists in 1972 Munich Massacre during opening ceremony

The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games is the first Olympics to honour the memory of the eleven athletes and coaches of the Israeli Olympic Team who were murdered by Palestinian terrorists during...

Algerian judoka quits Olympics to avoid Israeli opponent

A day before the Tokyo Olympics are set to officially open, Algerian judoka Fethi Nourine reportedly pulled out of the games on Thursday in order to avoid the possibility of facing an...

Longstanding Ben & Jerry’s worker QUITS over company’s Israel decision

A graphic designer at Ben & Jerry's has quit after 21 years over the company's decision this week to stop selling in parts of Israel.Susannah Levin of New York has served Ben &...

FREE booklet:

Britain’s stand with Israel – 12 actions CUFI would like the UK to take