Naomi Perlman, a 91-year-old Holocaust survivor who was seriously wounded at her Ashkelon home by shrapnel in a Hamas rocket attack during Operation Guardian of the Walls in May, died on Sunday, KAN News reported.

Perlman’s Indian caregiver, Santosh Sumaya, was killed in the attack, and Perlman was evacuated to Barzilai Medical Center in Ashkelon, where she remained until her death.

“If there is anyone who deserves to be called the ultimate survivor it is her,” her son, Shuki Perlman, was quoted by KAN as saying. “It was nine months of fighting. I did not believe she would survive. She came without a pulse and blood pressure to Barzilai.”

The Ashkelon Municipality said Perlman and her late husband, Ya’acov, had “contributed significantly to the construction” of the city. They immigrated from Poland in 1950, having survived the Holocaust.

She is survived by her son, her daughter, Tzipi, eight grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren, including one who was born last month.

“I showed her pictures of her new great-granddaughter, and she smiled,” KAN quoted Shuki Perlman as saying. “I flew to see my daughter and returned a week ago. I was with her last night; it was as if she was waiting for me to say goodbye.”

Perlman was severely wounded on May 11 when a rocket struck her apartment in Ashkelon. Her home had no shelter, and the closest was a minute’s run away, Channel 12 reported.

The terrorist group’s so-called military wing, Izzadin al-Qassam Brigades, posted a statement on its Telegram channel shortly after the attack, saying: “A while ago, al-Qassam Brigades bombarded occupied Ashkelon with a salvo of 40 missiles.”

“The occupation officially acknowledges the killing of 2 of its [settlers] as a result of the recent Qassam bombing of Ashkelon,” it added.

Hamas said the barrage was intended to overpower the Iron Dome missile-defense system. An Iron Dome battery protecting Ashkelon experienced a malfunction at the time and failed to intercept the entire missile barrage, the IDF said.

Two women, Sumaya and Nella Gurevitz, 52, were killed in that salvo when rockets slammed into residential areas.

Read the full story at JPost

Related Articles:

UK shamefully becoming a world leader of antisemitism

We long to see the UK getting back to winning ways. However, one area that we really don't want to see the UK topping lists is when it comes to hate crimes against Jews. Shamefully, Britain now tops...

The Defence Secretary’s Israel verdict – and the military experts who disagree

In this article:Why the claim that Israel has fallen short of British military standards is disputed by experienced military professionals.How the IDF’s conduct in Gaza compares with the...

The Church of England has turned against Israel and Christian Zionists

The Church of England has chosen to give legitimacy to documents that demonise Israel and attack Christians who stand with the Jewish State. Kairos Palestine documents attack Christian Zionism,...

UK government finally proscribes Iran’s IRGC terror group

The UK government has finally proscribed Iran’s IRGC terror organisation.  This week, Home Secretary Shabana Mahmood announced Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) will be designated a...

There’s something you need to know about Israel’s help in Venezuela

Israel is helping Venezuela after a devastating earthquake despite having no formal diplomatic relations with the country. It is a powerful reminder that Israel is a blessing to the world. Israeli...

We call upon the UK Government to officially recognise Jerusalem is Israel's capital and move its embassy to Jerusalem.