If there was ever a time to be a “watchman on the wall”, it is now. Over the coming days, the world’s attention will turn to Jerusalem for a series of major events affecting Israel. However it will be the watchmen especially that will have the best vantage point.
It is the watchmen that are viewing events from a different perspective, witnessing events unfold and interpreting them as significant for the days in which we are living. It is the watchmen that determine what is developing on the horizon, discerning that which may require attention or action. It is also the watchmen that are most concerned about Israel’s defence and are prepared to warn if necessary in response to their observations. It is the watchmen that are the most alert in the land; they are dependable; they are the protectors, the ones that refuse to remain silent whether day or night.
“I have set watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; They shall never hold their peace day or night. You who make mention of the Lord, do not keep silent.” Isaiah 62:6
You are a “watchman on the wall” today if your heart is for Israel and the Jewish people. Let us make effective use of our vantage point by raising the matters we are aware of before the throne of God. The Holy Spirit will lead us as we pray, but please remember in your prayers the looming Iran nuclear deal, the US embassy move and Israel’s Independence Day celebrations. These and other key dates are listed in the image below. By clicking the image you will be able to view and share it on Facebook.
In addition to the dates below, this week Prime Minister Netanyahu meets President Putin in an important meeting at the Kremlin on Wednesday amid increasing tensions in the Middle East. And we must also be watchful of the actions of Iran. On Sunday, Israeli defense officials said they are expecting an impending missile strike on targets in northern Israel.
Will you be a “watchman on the wall” for Israel at this time?
Thank you for joining us in prayer.
The following prayer points are to assist you as you pray. For the stories behind these prayer points, please view the CUFI Weekly News Round-up, by clicking here.
- Pray for the threat to Israel from the Iranian regime as highlighted this week by PM Netanyahu. Amid growing concerns that Iran could strike Israel, pray for the protection of Israel’s borders and IDF. Pray for wisdom for Israel’s political and military leaders, including wisdom for PM Netanyahu.
- Pray that truth, such as the intelligence shared by PM Netanyahu last week, will continue to expose the lies perpetuated by Israel’s enemies and that the UK will side with Israel in its approach towards Iran.
- Pray for President Trump ahead of his decision whether to remain in the Iran nuclear deal.
- Pray for plans for the significant forthcoming events during May, including the US embassy move and Israel’s Independence Day. Pray also that the schemes by Israel’s enemies set for this month will not succeed
- Pray for the Jewish community in the UK and that Thursday’s election result in Barnet, where there is a large Jewish community, will serve as a wake up call for the Labour leadership to better deal with anti-Semitism within the party.
- Pray for the new CUFI campaign aiming to stop the anti-Israel Al-Quds march and ban Hezbollah in the UK in its entirety.
- Pray that the new Home Secretary, Sajid Javid, will heed these calls and that the campaign will be successful in preventing the hate-filled anti-Semitic event from happening on the streets of London.