The Iranian regime has violated the terms of the Iran nuclear deal and tested a “medium-range ballistic missile” that is capable of reaching parts of Europe and all parts of the Middle East, including Israel. This is despite Europe trying to keep the Iran deal alive by funnelling more money to the corrupt regime.
The news came from US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo who said, “As we have been warning for some time, Iran’s missile testing and missile proliferation is growing. We are accumulating risk of escalation in the region if we fail to restore deterrence.”
“We condemn these activities,” Pompeo added, “and call upon Iran to cease immediately all activities relating to ballistic missiles designed to be capable of delivering nuclear weapons.”
The Iranian regime has just test-fired a medium range ballistic missile that’s capable of carrying multiple warheads. This test violates UNSCR 2231. Iran’s missile testing & missile proliferation is growing. We condemn this act and call upon Iran to cease these activities.
— Secretary Pompeo (@SecPompeo) December 1, 2018
Despite calling for the destruction of both Israel and America and vowing to wipe them off the face of the earth if they were to obtain nuclear weapons, Iran claims that its missile program is “defensive” and claims its nuclear programme is for its own domestic power consumption, despite the vast oil fields it owns.
“Iran’s missile program is defensive in nature. … There is no Security Council resolution prohibiting the missile program and missile tests by Iran,” state news agency IRNA quoted Qasemi as saying.
This latest missile test comes just a week after Britain’s Foreign Secretary, Jeremy Hunt, visited Iran and reaffirmed Britain’s support for the disastrous Iran Nuclear Deal.
“The Iran nuclear deal remains a vital component of stability in the Middle East by eliminating the threat of a nuclearised Iran. It needs 100% compliance though to survive. We will stick to our side of the bargain as long as Iran does. But we also need to see an end to destabilising activity by Iran in the rest of the region if we are going to tackle the root causes of the challenges the region faces.”
The stance of the British government is something CUFI strongly disagrees with and we are dismayed that our government is still supporting this regime. The Iran Deal was made by President Obama in 2015 with the aid of European countries and released hundreds of billions of pounds to the Iranians. Iran is the world’s largest state sponsor of terrorism and has armed the terrorist groups of Hamas and Hezbollah who are hellbent on destroying the Jewish state of Israel.
Earlier this year President Donald Trump and his administration took the decision to withdraw the US from the Iran Deal and sanction companies trading with Iran.
In a statement at the time, CUFI Founder, Pastor John Hagee, said:
“The president’s decision to withdraw the United States from the JCPOA was a courageous action. CUFI welcomes the return of U.S. sanctions against Iran. The regime’s economic isolation will only worsen if its malevolent behavior continues.
“Businesses are fleeing the Iranian market. Iran’s currency is plummeting in value. And the Iranian people are demanding change. Iran’s support for terrorists and deception surrounding its nuclear program must end once and for all. As always, CUFI stands behind the Iranian people as they stand to unburden themselves from the damage caused by this oppressive regime.”
The US government went further than pulling out of the deal, they also imposed sanctions on companies saying that if they trade with Iran they are no longer allowed to trade with the United States.
In response, the European Union vowed to prevent businesses from complying with the new US sanctions and triggered an EU law that promised to monetarily compensate any company hit by the sanctions and even went as far as saying it “forbids EU persons from complying” with the US demands.
Fortunately, some of Europe’s largest companies have seen sense and have undermined the EU’s dictatorial demands.
The European companies that have so far divested include German car and truck manufacturer Daimler, which makes Mercedes vehicles, French car manufacturer Renault, French oil and gas giant Total and Danish engineering firm Haldor Topsoe.