The following prayer points are based on recent events relating to Israel and the Jewish people. To receive prayer and news every week straight to your inbox, subscribe for free by clicking here.
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”
2 Timothy 1:7
- Praise the Lord that the UK has taken the bold move in putting the UN ‘on notice’ following the latest biased resolutions against Israel.
- Praise the Lord also for the response by the United States to the UN bias, including the courageous words by US Ambassador to the UN, Nikki Haley.
- Pray the UN will stop the bias against Israel and that focus will be redirected to those states with poor human rights records.
- Last month the United Nations hosted families of terrorists that have killed Israelis. Pray that the UN will recognise the huge insensitivity towards the victims of the attack, especially where family members condone the actions of their relative. Pray that international members will put pressure on the UN to make a stronger stand against terrorism in Israel.
- Pray that truth will prevail at the United Nations despite the commissioned anti-Israel report during March authored by 9/11 conspirator Robert Faulk. Although the UN Secretary-General has distanced himself from the report, pray that the UN will go further in retracted the report.
- Pray for the Jewish communities in mainland Europe following a number of anti-Semitic attacks targeting Holocaust memorials and cemeteries in March.
- Praise the Lord that Spanish police seized a huge weapon haul amounting to 10,000 rifles and other items intended for terrorists in Europe.
- Pray for Israel in the lead up and during Passover in light of concerns raised by Israeli security forces of possible attacks, especially following increased provocation by Hamas. Pray for the safety of Jewish communities throughout the world.
- After Israel was required to intercept missiles from Syria this month, as well as frequent rockets from Gaza, pray for the continued protection of the Jewish State. Praise the Lord that there have been no injuries in recent attacks.
Terror threat in UK
- Following last month’s terror attack in Westminster, pray for those injured and for the families of those victims that were killed.
- Pray for our nation’s security personnel, our Parliamentarians and government staff, and for residents of London and tourists to the city in the coming weeks. Pray that those unsettled by events in Westminster will find comfort and peace in their lives.
- Pray also for ongoing investigations and for the UK’s continued challenge in countering Islamic extremism.
- Pray for Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, the British mother in an Iranian jail whose health is reported to be declining. Pray that the UK government will make every effort to secure her release.
UK and Israel
- Pray that the post-Brexit trade meetings between the UK and Israel, that have commenced, will have productive results and that the relationship between the two countries will continue to strengthen.
- Pray that the UK will accept the invitation for a member of the Royal Family to visit Israel.