Prayer is key
In putting on the “full armour” of God, Ephesians chapter 6 reminds us of an effective weapon that is available to every believer – prayer.
It reads, “And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.”
Prayer can only be truly appreciated by the person whose trust is in the One who hears and is able to answer prayer.
As the hymnist penned, “Have we trials and temptations? Is there trouble anywhere? We should never be discouraged, Take it to the Lord in prayer.”
Have you taken everything to the Lord in prayer today?
Are we praying with alertness, as the Apostle Paul wrote, to the unfolding battle around us?
This week CUFI reported of the encouraging news that Guatemala will move its embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem two days after the US opens its embassy.
Guatemala’s Vice President, Jafeth Cabrera, told CBN that he prayed about the Jerusalem decision with his family before the decision was made by the President, also an evangelical Christian:
“[Prayer] was key to us making the decision to express our Christ likeness and to express our faith,” he said, “We did pray. It was something that we meditated on and that we later on shared with President Jimmy Morales,” he said.”
If only more leaders in this nation and across the world would make prayer central to their decisions, calling upon the Lord of hosts for wisdom and guidance. If we are to see this nation align with the will of God concerning Israel, let us recognise that prayer is key. Let us treasure this powerful weapon we have at our disposal and believe that He is faithful to hear the prayers of those that earnestly seek His will.
The following prayer points are to assist you as you pray. For the stories behind these prayer points, please view the CUFI Weekly News Round-up, by clicking here.
May God bless you as you pray.
- Praise the Lord that Guatemala has confirmed it will open its embassy in Jerusalem this May.
- Pray that more countries will follow the US and Guatemala in moving their embassies. Pray that plans will go unhindered and that God will bless the leaders of both countries that have made this decision.
- Pray for those on the world stage that are speaking out in defence of Israel. Pray for Benjamin Netanyahu, Danny Danon, Nikki Haley, Mike Pence, David Friedman, Mark Regev, and others, whose diplomatic efforts are making such an impact.
- Pray that we all will have the courage and speak out as ambassadors for Israel, making prayer a priority.
- Pray for the leadership of CUFI, for the Lord’s wisdom, guidance and protection.
- Pray that as CUFI defends Israel and speaks out against antisemitism, we will have an even greater impact in reaching this nation.
- Pray for CUFI’s continued campaign against the so-called, “Israel Apartheid Week”
- Pray also for CUFI’s preparation for its next campaign. We recognise that prayer is key for understanding the direction that the Lord wants us to take.