For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
From everyone at CUFI UK and the Daughters for Zion team, a very happy Resurrection Day. May the hope and joy of our risen Lord fill your hearts and homes as you reflect on the meaning of this special day.
Meanwhile, the Jews are celebrating Passover – a celebration of God’s deliverance out of slavery and leading out of Egypt, named, of course, following the miraculous event in which Jewish homes escaped judgement intended for the Egyptians by the provision of the Passover lamb.
Both celebrations, which for the Christian are intrinsically connected, speak of God’s faithfulness and provision, and a hope that rests in our Heavenly Father, who always provides a way of deliverance for His children.
It is sadly unsurprising that as ‘Easter’ and Passover coincide this year, the enemies of Israel have chosen this moment to mount a violent campaign that seeks to undermine the Sovereignty of Israel.
The past few days have witnessed so-called ‘protests’ at the Israel-Gaza border, which are far from ‘peaceful’. They have resulted in Palestinian casualties, but only after violent attempts by Hamas-backed terrorists to break through Israel’s border. The West has been misled to believe these are legitimate protests by ‘civilians’ and are sparked by Trump’s embassy move. This is just a cover. Hamas have made it very clear in their own words that they will continue ‘marching’ until the land is taken and are hoping that similar riots will erupt elsewhere.
They have tried and failed with rockets and tunnels. Their latest tactic (not for the first time) is people.
There is nothing these terrorist will stop at. They are even using women and children as human shields. On Saturday reports emerged that a 7-year-old girl had crossed the border. The IDF returned her to safety.
It is vital that at this time we do not remain silent. This is a crucial time to pray for Israel and the IDF.
We serve a God who is trustworthy and faithful. He has always provided a way for His people to overcome. The God of Israel neither slumbers or sleeps, and we can trust that He will defend Israel and deal with Israel’s enemies according to His Word.
Thank you for standing with Israel and joining us in prayer.
The following prayer points are to assist you as you pray. For the stories behind these prayer points, please view the CUFI Weekly News Round-up, by clicking here.
- Pray for Israel amid the violence led by Hamas at the Israel-Gaza border. Pray that Israel’s enemies will give up their attempts to attack Israel’s sovereignty.
- Pray for the continued protection of Israel’s borders and for the IDF.
- Pray for Israelis that live near Israel’s southern border.
- Pray for Palestinian children that are being used as pawns in Hamas’s evil schemes. Pray against the indoctrination and that hearts will be transformed by the truth.
- Pray that the international community refrain from demonising Israel, but will do the right thing and stand with the Jewish State against terrorism.
- Pray for the Jewish community in the UK, many of whom were represented at the demonstration in Parliament Square against antisemitism in the Labour Party. Pray that antisemitism in Labour’s leadership will be exposed for what it is and that there will be genuine change in attitudes. Pray that as Christians we will be the support the Jewish community needs amid the increase of antisemitism in UK politics.
- Pray that as CUFI defends Israel and speaks out against antisemitism, we will have an even greater impact in reaching this nation.
- Pray for the family of Mareille Knoll, who was stabbed and burned in her home in Paris in an antisemitic attack. Pray that the perpetrators will be brought to justice. Pray for the Jewish community in Paris and against the spirit of antisemitism that has sadly reared its ugly head once again.
- Pray for Israelis in Egypt and Thailand, having been advised to leave the country immediately and for those in Turkey and Jordan that have also been given travel warnings.
- Pray that despite the escalation of tensions at Israel’s border with Israel, Jews in Israel and the world will experience a peaceful and meaningful Passover.
And “pray for the peace of Jerusalem”