It is easy to become discouraged by events around us. Our news channels remind us of the travesty of man’s wicked ways. Confusion or uncertainty surround the direction that our nation seems to be headed. As the country steers away from its godly heritage, one can be excused for feeling despondent. Meanwhile, continued attacks on Israel physically and politically may leave us feeling frustrated as we long for the truth to be heard and understood. We witness a pressure upon the Jewish people that seems to be becoming more intense by the day and a continued attack on Christianity. At the same time, we see individuals profit by lying and deceiving without consequence.
Yet, our hope does not rest in the narrative of the world. First John Chapter 4 states,
“You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.” (Verse 4)
The letter is warning Christians to be discerning as there is a spirit “already in the world” whose purpose is to trick and deceive.
Every Christian must know and walk in the promise that HE who is in YOU is greater than he that is in the world. Receive the Word of the Lord today because He has overcome the schemes of the evil one.
They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them.” (Verse 5)
The world is listening to the message of the deceiver according to verse 5. But WE are listening to the message from God because we are of God (verse 6). And we know that He hears us. In this sense, we have truly taken the side of the One who has overcome.
“We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.” (Verse 6)
THIS is a hope for every believer. It is such a comfort to know that we have OVERCOME because of the greatness of the One who is in our heart. There is no scheme of this world that can stop God from perfecting His will in our life. And because we are overcomers, we can move courageously against the direction of the current of this world.
This gives us strength in our stand with Israel. Because He who is in us is greater than he who takes his stand against Israel. He who is in us is greater than him who has placed himself against the Jewish people. He who is in us is greater than he who comes against us.
And in our personal lives, let us be encouraged by His promise. No matter what mountain and valley you face today, declare with confidence “He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world”.
- Pray for the IDF and Israeli government as they continue to ensure Israel’s safety and security.
- Pray for all those living near the Israel-Gaza border.
- Pray for the speculated “ceasefire” between Hamas and Israel. Whilst not confirmed, pray that the Lord will give Israeli leaders wisdom in the handling of this suggestion.
- Pray for those within the Labour Party who are speaking out against anti-Semitism. Pray that their voices will be heard. Continue to pray especially against the intimidation being faced by Jewish MPs in the party.
- Pray for the Jewish community in the UK. Many Jewish individuals have spoken out about their fears of living in Britain under a Corbyn leadership. Pray that Jews in this country will see a strong support from their Christian friends at this time.
- Praise the Lord that over 7,000 have now signed CUFI’s Christians Against Antisemitism Declaration. Pray that many more Christians will sign and that it will be effective in its purpose.
- Please continue to pray for CUFI in the UK. That the Lord will bless the work. Pray that our work will be effective in spreading support for Israel and challenging the false narrative in this world. Furthermore, please pray that the work will bring praise and glory to God.