Happy New Year from the team at CUFI-UK.
As we enter this New Year let us be reminded that whilst change is happening all around us, God Almighty is unchanging. The Lord told the prophet Malachi “I do not change” (3:6); the prophet Daniel wrote that God’s kingdom is “one which will not be destroyed” (7:14); the Apostle Peter described the Word of God as “living and enduring” and the Book of Hebrews describes Jesus as the same “yesterday and today and forever”.
As we look ahead to matters relating to Israel, we can expect 2018 to be another eventful year. We are living in Bible times and we must remain observant to the changes that are set to take place this year. Already we are witnessing dramatic events in Iran with the significant uprising of the Iranian people against the regime. Meanwhile Hezbollah have this week announced an “axis of resistance” with Fatah, Hamas and other Palestinian factions to “liberate” Jerusalem.
Let us not be discouraged. The Lord is unchanging. His promises remain. His faithfulness is enduring – both towards the Jewish people and in each of our lives. May this hope fill our hearts at the start of this year.
The following prayer points are to assist you as you pray. For the stories behind these prayer points, please view the CUFI Weekly News Round-up, by clicking here.
May God bless you as you pray.
- Praise the Lord for His faithfulness towards us. Praise the Lord that He keeps His promises and that He is unchanging
- Pray for the Iranian people in light of the current uprising against the Iran regime. Pray that the protests will remain calm and peaceful without any further killing of protesters. Pray that protests will be successful in bringing about change in Iran.
- Praise the Lord that His Word tells us that all rulers are under His authority and He is able to remove Kings.
- Pray that the treatment of the Iranian people will change, including towards Christians.
- Pray for the Jewish community living in Iran, especially following a series of synagogue vandalism.
- Pray that Iran’s attitude towards Israel will turn from hatred to friendship.
- Pray against the evil plotting by Iran and Hezbollah to support a Palestinian ‘intifada’.
- Pray for the German student threatened with “beheading” by Muslim classmates over his support of Israel.
- Pray for the owners of the Jewish restaurant in Amsterdam that has been attacked again.
- Pray for the Jewish community in Tunis, especially following the vandalism of a Holocaust exhibition in the National Library.
- Praise the Lord that Guatemala announced that it will move its embassy to Jerusalem.
- Pray that 2018 will bring about a significant shift in support by the UK government towards Israel and that this support will be demonstrated by changes in policy.
- Pray that 2018 will see breakthroughs in support of Israel, both nationally and within the church in the UK.
- We invite you to pray for CUFI’s activities in 2018, here in the UK as well as in the US and Canada. We recognise that we need God’s wisdom and direction in every area of our work.
- Please also pray for the Lord’s protection upon CUFI in 2018.
- Pray that the work of CUFI-UK will be blessed. Pray that there will be increase both in support, in the number of people seeing our material and in our effectiveness to turn hearts towards standing with Israel.
And “pray for the peace of Jerusalem”