Thursday, 21st October 2015

Israeli wounded in Beit Shemesh stabbing attack

An Israeli teenager was wounded in a stabbing attack by two Palestinians in Beit Shemesh on Thursday morning.

The attackers first tried to board a school bus, but were thwarted by the driver who closed the doors on them (praise God).

They then went to a nearby synagogue in an attempt to attack worshipers. They then stabbed and moderately injured an 18yr old male who was coming out of the synagogue. The victim sustained moderate injuries and was evacuated to Jerusalem’s Hadassah Hospital Ein Kerem.

The assailants were shot at the scene. One died on arrival at hospital and the other is in a critical condition. They were later named as 20-year-olds Maqdad Alhih from Halhul and Mahmoud Ghanimat from Surif.

The Shin Bet security service said that one of the two was a member of Hamas and the second had been jailed for two years after he was caught carrying a knife at the Cave of Patriarchs holy site in Hebron.

Both were wearing t-shirts reading “Izz ad-Din al-Qassam,” the name of Hamas’ armed wing.


2 Palestinians try to stab soldier in Hebron; none hurt

An IDF soldier thwarted two Palestinians who tried to stab him at an intersection in the Hebron neighborhood of Tel Rumeida on Thursday.

According to IDF sources, the Palestinians approached a soldier guarding the nearby Jewish neighborhood in Hebron. They tried to lunge at him with knives, but he successfully pushed them back and fired his weapon into the air.

The attackers fled back into the Palestinian city, chased by IDF forces.

No one was hurt in the attack.


Wednesday, 22nd October 2015

Five Israeli soldiers injured in car-ramming attack

Five Israeli soldiers were injured Wednesday when a Palestinian driver plowed his car into them on Route 60, north of the West Bank city of Hebron, in an apparent nationalistically motivated attack, the army said.

Two soldiers were hospitalized in moderate condition and three more suffered light injuries, according to the army.

Paramedics were at the scene of the attack, near the Palestinian village of Beit Ummar, treating the injured. Magen David Adom said all the injured were in their 20s.

The driver of the vehicle was shot by Israeli security forces at the scene, the army said.


Man thought to be terrorist killed in Jerusalem after assaulting soldiers

Two soldiers shot and killed a man they thought to be a terrorist in Jerusalem Wednesday night, after the man attacked them and tried to grab one of the weapons they were carrying.

According to police, the incident began when two soldiers boarding a bus near the entrance to the capital were asked for identification by an unknown man. When the soldiers, in response, asked the man to identify himself and submit to a search, he began physically assaulting them and tried to seize one of the firearms they were carrying, according to a police account.

The soldiers opened fire on the man, who was pronounced dead at the scene.


Palestinian girl who tried to infiltrate a settlement carrying a knife is shot in the hand

A 15-year-old Palestinian girl attempted to infiltrate the West Bank settlement of Yitzhar Wednesday morning, apparently in order to carry out a stabbing attack, and was shot and wounded by IDF soldiers.

The soldiers spotted the would-be attacker carrying a knife as she was approaching the settlement boundary. She was shot after she refused calls to halt, the army said.

The suspect sustained injuries to her hand and was treated by paramedics on the scene. No soldiers or civilians were injured in the incident.


Israeli injured in car ramming attack

An Israeli policeman was mildly injured in an apparent car-ramming attack Wednesday next to the West Bank settlement of Ofra, north of Jerusalem.

The driver crashed into the checkpoint after ignoring police warnings to stop. Security forces reportedly opened fire on the vehicle as it approached the barrier, according to the Nana10 news site.

The driver was not apprehended and managed to flee the scene to the nearby village of Silwad. Security forces were searching the area for the suspect.

The policeman did not need to be hospitalised, but was treated at the scene by paramedics.