19 November 2015

UPDATED: Three killed and five more wounded in shooting attack on vehicles in the West Bank

Three people were killed late Thursday afternoon when a Palestinian terrorist shot at cars stuck in a traffic jam near the Gush Etzion junction in the West Bank.

Initial reports suggest that the terrorist fired at the cars and then sped in the direction of the Alon Shvut settlement and slammed into a car.

The terrorist exited the vehicle and attempted to fire off further shots. Security forces shot at the terrorist and then arrested him.

MDA paramedics pronounced an approximately 18-year old man dead on the scene after efforts to resuscitate him failed. The youth was an American tourist.  An approximately 50-year old man was critically wounded and taken to Hadassah University Medical Center in Jerusalem where he was pronounced dead.

The third victim was a Palestinian passenger who was sitting in one of the vehicle’s that the terrorist shot at.

In addition, four others were lightly wounded and were evacuated to the Shaare Zedek Medical Center, which is also located in the capital.

Source: JPost

Two Israeli men stabbed to death in Tel Aviv, a third man injured

A Palestinian terrorist stabbed three people in south Tel Aviv on Thursday, killing two of them and wounding another.

Police said that the terrorist attempted to flee the scene, but was apprehended by civilians who subdued him until police forces arrived on the scene. The suspect was arrested and taken in for questioning.

The Shin Bet stated that the attacker was a 36-year-old Palestinian from the village of Dura near Hebron. He did not have a previous security record. According to initial reports, the suspect had a permit to work in Israel and was employed at a nearby restaurant.

Police searched the area to ensure that the terrorist did not have an accomplice.

The stabbing took place at the Panarama Building on Ben Tzvi Street, outside of a Judaica store where prayer services were being held.

Eyewitness Shimon Vaknin said the prayer service had just started when a man covered in blood fell on a number of worshipers. Vaknin said he and the rest of the worshipers – around 15 to 20 – pushed the attacker outside and barricaded the door while he shouted in Arabic and continued to try to force his way back in. Others tried to treat the wounded man until paramedics arrived.

Vaknin said they looked outside the window and saw another critically wounded man on the pavement.

One man was pronounced dead on the scene after efforts to resuscitate him failed. MDA paramedics transported two wounded people, one in critical condition and one moderately wounded, to Sourasky Medical Center in the city.  The critically wounded man was later pronounced dead at the hospital, bringing the death toll in the attack to two.

Moshe Danonberg and Yonit Ninio, MDA paramedics who arrived on the scene, said that “it was a difficult sight. At the entrance to one of the businesses in the building a 32-year-old man lay unconscious, without a pulse and not breathing, suffering from stab wounds to his upper body. Next to him, a man in his 30s lay with stab wounds to his upper body.”

The paramedics said that one floor down in the building they found an additional victim, an approximately 50-year-old man who was conscious.

While no terrorist organization claimed responsibility for the stabbing attack, Hamas spokesman Husam Badran described it as “heroic” and called for more such attacks against Israel.

Source: JPost