The purpose of Christians United for Israel is to provide a national association through which churches, ministries and individuals in the United Kingdom can speak and act with one voice in support of Israel in matters related to Biblical issues.
We aim to ignite Christian support and unity for Israel throughout the United Kingdom and Europe. We believe Great Britain will be blessed by honouring her. We treasure Britain’s Judeo-Christian values and will defend them passionately. We love the Jewish people and aim to act as a Christian voice in supporting them. We will not be a spectator in the surge of anti-Semitism in the UK and Europe but will confront it fervently. We desire peace for all people in the Middle East, showing God’s love to people of all religions, whilst standing firmly by Israel as God’s chosen people with a historical significance, present existence and future purpose in God’s divine plan. Our goal is to inspire Christians to gain a better understanding of Israel, pray for her and defend her, so that united we can say… “Because I am a Christian, I stand with Israel”
[tabs_wrapper style=”nav-tabs” justify=”false”]
We provide teaching and resources to help individuals and churches understand and communicate the biblical and moral imperatives to support Israel. We also provide resources affirming the importance of Britain’s Judeo-Christian heritage and encourage Christians to pray for Israel and defend her publicly.
Through various campaigns, we aim to make a positive Christian stand in support of Israel. Our campaigning is driven by a concern in the increase in hostility towards the Jewish people worldwide and our conviction that Christians must not remain silent. We campaign to raise awareness of anti-Semitism in the UK and Europe, challenge Christians to oppose it and enable supporters to take practical action.
Research and advocacy
We are committed to advocating Israel in the public sphere by communicating research, news and analysis. We also give the Christian perspective on Israel to media, government and other elected officials.
We present a united Christian voice of support to the Jewish community in the UK and contribute to dialogue between Christians, Jews and other faiths. We also network with other pro-Israel organisations in galvanising support for Israel.
In accordance with biblical teaching, we also believe in blessing Israel materially as well as standing with her and praying for her. Our carefully selected projects provide a way for individuals and churches to serve and bless the Jewish people at home and abroad.
Christians United for Israel holds the following values. We build our values on the Word of God. We strive to let these values shape and be evident in all we do.
• We demonstrate love and compassion for all people, regardless of race or religion in accordance with the teaching of Jesus Christ.
• We strongly oppose hatred in all forms and toward any group or individual. We seek to promote peace and reconciliation in all situations.
• In accordance with our purpose, we are passionate about the historical, present and future existence and purpose of the state of Israel.
• We seek to show Christian love and support to the Jewish community in the UK. We strongly oppose all forms of anti-Semitism and seek to monitor and expose its occurrence in the UK and Europe.
• We stand for truth and transparency and seek to act in accordance with what the Bible teaches.
• We are passionate about sharing the biblical and moral imperative to stand with Israel and the Jewish people and possess a sense of urgency to defend her in our churches, communities and wider society.
• We value Great Britain’s Judeo-Christian heritage and believe that this legacy should be celebrated, protected and promoted.
• Our speech is gracious and compassionate, yet firm and authoritive.
• Our tone is positive, passionate and purposeful.
• Our communication is factual and honest. We seek to establish the truth, maintain integrity and aim for accuracy in all communication.
[tab_content tab_label=”Statement of Faith”]
• We believe all men are born with a sinful nature and that the work of the Cross was to redeem man from the power of sin. We believe that this salvation is available to all who will receive it. All people, including Jew and Gentile, that are saved, are saved through grace by faith given by God and this salvation is part of the provision of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to all mankind through and in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, the Messiah.
• We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ as the only begotten Son of God. We believe in His substitutionary death for all men, His resurrection, and His eventual return to judge the world.
• We believe in the scripture as the inspired Word of God and that it is the complete revelation of God’s will for mankind. We believe in the absolute authority of the scripture to govern the affairs of men.
• We believe in the Church as the eternal and universal Body of Christ consisting of all those who have accepted the work of the atonement. We believe in the need for a local assembly of believers for the purpose of evangelism and edification.
A love for all people
• We believe that we should love all people of all religions and none, just as Christ loves all. We are called to pursue peace and reconciliation wherever possible.
Our commitment to Israel
• We believe in the promise of Genesis 12:3 regarding the Jewish people and the nation of Israel. We believe that this is an eternal covenant between God and the seed of Abraham to which God is faithful.
Our position on replacement theology
• We believe that God still has a purpose for Israel in His final redemptive plan and reject replacement theology that teaches that the Abrahamic Covenant has been abolished.
Our position on dual-covenant theology
• We do not believe there is any other covenant of salvation provided by the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob that can redeem mankind, whether Jew or Gentile, other than in the name of Jesus Christ.
• Christians United for Israel (CUFI) was founded by John Hagee in 2006 and is now the largest pro-Israel organisation in the United States with two million members and one of the leading Christian grassroots movements in the world.
• CUFI UK shares the purpose and ethos of CUFI in American and aims to build upon this foundation in the UK.